Episode #102: Manipulate Time
The “what” is easy. Craftwork is a specialty coffee shop and vibrant membership-based workspace with locations in Fort Worth (Foundry, Camp Bowie, Magnolia) and Austin (Domain). We serve craft coffee and are a connected coworking space. But you knew that already. Our “why” is our heart – we desire to create spaces and places where our members and customers experience connection and community.
We hope this finds you well.
We’re working through a new normal. Schedules have changed, goals have shifted, and we’re all solving problems we may not have had six months ago. Time management can be a helpful tool to use in transition periods and can help increase productivity. The Forbes article, “Manipulate Time With These Powerful 20 Time Management Tips,” lines out different ways we can do so.
Manipulate Time: Time is our most precious resource, and getting the most out of it can be tricky. Here are a few tips from the Forbes article that resonated with us:
- Create a time audit: Keep a log of what you spend your time doing, and reallocate it where needed. When we’re not keeping track of time, we can spend more of it doing things that don’t help us accomplish our goals.
- Plan ahead: The night before or the morning of, organize your space, and compile the most urgent tasks that you need to address. Without a plan, we can start to lose track of time and our goals.
- Spend your morning on MITs (Most Important Tasks of the day): We normally have the most energy in the morning, so it’s better to handle bigger tasks then.
- Eliminate half-work: Commit to focusing on one task at a time. During that time, don’t be distracted by checking emails or switching to another task. This helps us get into “deep, focused work.
- Batch similar tasks together: The brain has to think in different ways for different tasks. When we batch similar tasks, our brain isn’t having to switch ways of thinking, which in turn saves the time spent transitioning.
Which of these tips make the most sense to you? Read the full article below.
Gift: We launched online ordering during COVID-19 as a way to safely serve our customers, but it’s one adaptation that is here to stay. Save a little time by ordering ahead; just don’t forget to say hi to our wonderful team (we really love talking to you). Get $1 off your next online order with code ADVOCATE1.*
Connect: Connection is necessary for humans to flourish. That’s one reason we built our workspaces. Each of them is a tight-knit community with unique members, and we would love for you to join. Want more information? Fill out our interest form below, or get a $200 Craftwork Gift Card when you sign up now.**