Lead the expansion of Craftwork’s people-focused operations.
The Craftwork Hospitality Co. Training + Development Manager is an autonomous and assertive problem-solver at heart, who leverages their passion for training to achieve company goals by caring for Craftwork employees, customers, communities, and vendors through recruiting, launching, stabilizing, and incrementally improving operations.Apply Now
- Do you love problem-solving?
- Is training and developing others your passion?
- Does the thought of launching new markets get you fired up?
- Do you thrive under pressure?
- Do you get joy from caring for others?
- Are you looking for a full-time salaried position that requires weekly travel?
If your answers to the questions above were “oh yea!” we encourage you to apply now.
You and I are relational creatures. In a hierarchy of needs, humans seek to find connection and belonging directly after satisfying their baseline survival needs (food, water, shelter, safety). Our need for connection is so powerful that our mental and physical health can be predicted by the number of face-to-face human interactions we have in a given week. However, our society is growing increasingly apart from each other: recent reports show that 61% of Americans feel isolated and more people are living alone than ever before. Simply put, people are not seeing each other in the way they need to, but we at Craftwork believe that the world is malleable, and we can shape a different future together.
At Craftwork, we exist to be a place where each person feels generously seen. Our hospitality teams make this happen in the places where people live. Our hospitality bars provide daily food, beverage, and event service in apartment communities, acting as a hub for resident connection. Through daily touchpoints of intentional service, we foster a connective culture that helps people know that they are not alone.
The Training + Development Manager is an autonomous and assertive problem-solver at heart, who leverages their passion for training to achieve company goals. This person loves the challenge of leading the expansion of Craftwork’s complex, people-focused operations. The Training + Development Manager is a road warrior who is responsible for the successful launch of each new market. They care for Craftwork employees, customers, communities, and vendors through recruiting, launching, stabilizing, and incrementally improving the service of the hospitality teams. Their standard for excellence is unparalleled, and the pressure that comes with this standard drives them to be highly critical of the end-user experience. Their desire to uphold Craftwork’s uncompromising standards is balanced with a deep empathy for the people they work with and the customer they serve. Their relentless pursuit of Craftwork’s mission brings both energy and stewardship to each day.
- Recruits and retains talent at each location
- Implements and refines training program for new staff
- Establishes and oversees relationships with vendors for each location
- Functions as primary on-site coordinator for new location launches
- Implements company-wide procedures
- Monitors end-user experience and product quality at each location
- Selects, trains, and prepares succession plan for Host Leader role
- Coordinates ongoing staff development training program
- Maintains accurate records for budget management
- Reports to the Director of Operations of Craftwork Hospitality Co.
- Provides feedback to Development/Operations Team to identify gaps in processes
- Belief in the Craftwork mission and core values
- Passion for implementing and maintaining a standard of excellence
- Strong interest in leading people and entrepreneurship
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc)
- Strong arbitration and critical-thinking skills
- 2-5 years of operational leadership experience
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the workweek
- College degree in business administration, hospitality, and/or communications is preferred